Kata-kata Mutiara dalam Bahasa Inggris oleh 32 Ilmuan Dunia (Pujangga dan Penyair Terkenal)
Posted by Sadam SumUta
World Famous Quotations
Benjamin Franklin Quotes
- He that is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else.
- Keep thy eyes wide open before marriage, and half–shut afterwards.
- No nation was ever ruined by trade.
- Distrust and caution are the parents of security.
- If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are rotten, either write things worth reading or do things worth the writing.
- He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money.
- Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
- So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do.
- Dost thou love life Then do not squander time, for that’s the stuff life is made of.
- I know not which lives more unnatural lives, obeying husbands, or commanding wives.
- Be slow in choosing a friend, slower in changing.
Albert Einstein Quotes
- The conscientious objector is a revoultionary. On deciding to disobey the law he sacrifices his personal interests to the most important cause of working for the betterment of society.
- The difference between what the most and the least learned peopleknow is inexpressibly trivial in relation to that which is unknown.
- There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there.
- What is the meaning of human life, or of organiclifealtogether To answer this question at all implies areligion. Is there any sense then, you ask, in putting it I answer, the man who regards his own life and that of hisfellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life.
- The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.
- The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the samelevel of thinking with which we created them.
- Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
- It is characteristic of the militarymentality that nonhuman factors (atom bombs, strategic bases, weapons of all sorts, the possession of raw materials, etc) are held essential, while the human being, his desires, and thoughts – in short, the psychological factors – are considered as unimportant and secondary…The individual is degraded…to “human materiel”.
- The grand aim of all science is to cover the greatest number of empirical facts by logical deduction from the smallest number of hypotheses or axioms.
- If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germanywillclaim me as a German and Francewill declare that I am a citizen of the world.
- It is only to the individual that a soul is given.
Edgar Allan Poe Quotes
- Children are never too tender to be whipped. Like tough beefsteaks, the more you beat them, the more tender they become.
- It may well be doubted whether humaningenuity can construct an enigma… which humaningenuity may not, by proper application, resolve.
- Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.
- I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity
- There are certain themes of which the interest is all–absorbing, but which are too entirely horrible for the purposes of legitimate fiction.
- Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.
- Depend upon it, after all, Thomas, Literature is the most noble of professions. In fact, it is about the only one fit for a man. For my own part, there is no seducing me from the path.
- Sleep, those little slices of death, how I loathe them.
- Sleep, those little slices of death; Oh how I loathe them.
- All that we see and seem is but a dream within a dream.
- Take this kiss upon the brow And, in parting from you now,Thus much let me avow–You are not wrong who deemThat my dayshave been a dreamYet if hope has flown awayIn a night, or in a day,In a vision, or in none,Is it therefore the less goneAll that we see or seemIs but a dream within a dream.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- N.B. This quote refers to the British disarmament of the Indian Army. Gandhi never advocated the individualright to bear arms.
- I want freedom for the full expression on my personality.
- In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in an clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
- We must become the change we want to see.
- Live simply that others may simply live.
- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
- What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
- There are seven sins in the world: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice and politics withoutprinciple.
- There is no path to peace. Peace is the path.
Mark Twain Quotes
- I can live two months on a good compliment.
- Let us not be too particular; it is better to have old secondhand diamonds than none at all.
- Just the omission of Jane Austen’s books alone would make a fairly good library out of a library that hadn’t a book in it.
- When in doubt, tell the truth.
- Whenever the literary German dives into a sentence, that is the last you are going to see of him until he emerges on the other side of his atlantic with his verb in his mouth.
- [Mankind] is governed by minorities, seldom or never by majorities. It suppresses its feelings and its beliefs and follows the handful that makes the most noise. Sometimes the noisy handful is right, sometimes wrong, but no matter, the crowd follows it.
- Good breeding consists in concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the otherperson.
- I have spent most of my time worrying about thigs that have never happened.
- If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be a christian.
- Youth, large, lusty, loving– Youth, full of grace, force, fascination. Do you know that Old Age may come after you with equal grace, force, fascination
- How come we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral? It is because we are not the person involved.
Emily Dickinson Quotes
- Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those we havepersonality and emotionknow what it means towant to escape from these things.
- Hope is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul. And sings the tune Without the words, and never stopsat all.
- Hope is a thing with feathers That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without words
And never stops at all.
- …the fog is rising.
- I hope you love birds too. It is economical. It saves going to heaven.
- Success is counted sweetest by those who ne’er succeed.
- A littleMadness in the Spring Is wholesome even for the King.
- There’s a certain Slant of light, Winter Afternoons–– That oppresses, like the Heft Of Cathedral Tunes–
- I dwell in possibility…
- Anger as soon as fed is dead- ‘Tis starving makes it fat.
- Because I could not stop for Death — He kindly stopped for me — The carriage held but just ourselvesAndimmortality.